Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's All About: Which Movie Character Are You





I don't know if you remember, but a few years ago (I think it was around 2009) there was this really popular thing you could do on Facebook. You could make and solve all sorts of quizzes. And when I saw a post made by one of my friends, I got this weird déjà-vu feeling, like it was 2009 all over again. Partly out of curiosity, partly because I love quizzes of any type, I clicked on the link and got to a site where you solved a quiz and they would tell you which character from certain movie or TV series you are. There was a Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Mean Girls and few more.
I study psychology and on one of the first classes I was told those quizzes are bulls**t. I mean the quiz you take in Cosmo which is telling you're into guy with brown hair or something equally weird to predict is about as accurate as me telling you your faith from palm reading (I have absolutely no psychic powers, so I would probably just say you'll meet a men. Or maybe a woman, it's harder this days then it was hundred years ago, when you couldn't miss what a woman wanted to hear by telling her she'll meet a men. I'd be so bad at being a psychic I probably wouldn't be able to get the same person into my psychic office for a séance more than once. Or get them to recommend me to their friends.). But I still love to take them and then make fun of them. I mean I took the Mean Girls quiz and was informed I'm Regina, the main bitch in the movie. Which is kind of cool, since she is hilarious and I did like her character in a movie. But I'm a nice person, I was never a real queen bee in High School and I most definitely wouldn't cheat on that Aaron guy. He was way hotter than the other one.


Anyhow, this wasn't the only surprise that quizzes had in store for me today. When I took the Which Hunger Games Character Are You? I got Peeta. I mean seriously? Peeta? Not my favorite character and I can't find one thing we have in common. I mean the only good thing about him is he's physically strong. Which I'm not. I have problems with carrying anything that weights more than 3kg for more than 30 seconds. But I did get a feeling I'm a lot smarter than him. I mean how blind do you have to be to not realize Katniss is pulling an act just so she could get some food? Writing all that down sounds even more weird that it did in my head. Hope you won't misunderstood me, I liked the movie, but when a movie with a title Hunger Games doesn't have a character that looks at least a little bit hungry. However I do understand why was Jenifer Lawrence against losing weight and looking real hungry. She understands that Katniss will become a role model for a lot of young girls who are unable to understand, that she looks so skinny because she has nothing to eat. Oh, and  all the respect to Josh Hutchersen, because he somehow managed to make his character likeable. I read the books and Peeta looks like a real pussy. He never really does anything. I mean he gives Katniss a burned old bread. But not in a nice way, he throws it to her, like it's trash. In a book/movie, where hunger is the main issue they seem to be real careless about food.

But the biggest surprise of the day was which character I am in Harry Potter. You'll never guess, probably because you'll never get the idea that this character is even an option. Before I tell you the shocking news, let me just say I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and when I was reading the books and watched the movies I always imagined myself as Ginny. Remember, this was before Ginny and Harry were an item. Way before. I fell in love with that character in the first book, even though she was barely mentioned. And when I read the second one, the one where her role is much more significant I was determent I want to be her. If I'd have a chance to audition for a part in a movie I'd want to be her. The only problem is I'm not really a ginger, but hair color can fix that. Well, if the hair were the only important thing to get a role, I'd probably get Hermione, since they were so curly my mother had to brush them for more than an hour just to get me look like a normal person, not someone who just woke up. They are straight now, thanks to this wonderful thing called straightening iron and huge amounts of conditioner.
 Oh, and what character do you think I got. Well if you figured it out without peeking at the photo, than congratulations are in order. According to this quiz I'm The One Who Must Not Be Named (a.k.a. Tom Riddle a.k.a. Lord Voldemort). Told you, you wouldn't think of that one! Well it's probably my fault I got this, since I clicked on Evil when there was a choice between Good and Evil. 


But evil is what makes the story so compelling, isn't it?
xxx
Lucy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment