Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween costumes part 2

So after thinking about what to wear to a Halloween party this year, I got caught laughing at some of the costumes that celebrities wore over the years that my favourite gossip site put together. I especially love Anna Lynne McCord's inspiration after the royal wedding. But frankly she isn't the only one. I don't know if you watch The Carrie Diaries, but in the first season, Carrie dressed as princess Diana. And she looked amazing!
But I have a few more ideas up my sleeve, most of them, movie inspired.
So I know that being a Vampire is so four years ago, but as far as I'm concerned, going as Dracula is still very high on my awesome costumes list. Especially in the light of new TV series Dracula, with Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the main role (you might remember him as a Henry VII. from the TV show Tudors). He is super hot and I would gladly be bitten by him. 
Now that you've seen the picture, do I need to say more? Well for this costume you'll need red coloured lenses and good looks. If you area girls you could do a Vampire Diaries twist and go as Elena or Katherine, depends on your personality type or acting skills. So if you go as Elena/Katherine you'll also need a red coloured lenses and a fancy dress, maybe the old one from the Homecoming dance. Or if you want to keep it casual just dress as a girl next door for Elena and as a the hot cheerleader that shows a bit more skin if you go as Katherine. If you go as Elena hold back on the make-up and leave your hair straight, and if you're going as Katherine put on a bit more dark make-up around the eyes, curl your hair and have some of that bitchy attitude that she's so famous for. I would definitely go as Katherine, since I'm more like her than always worrying and so motherly like Elena. 
For the lovers of Fitzgerald, you can dress as a character from The Great Gatsby. What you need to do to get the look is go to the nearest Vintage, Second Hand or Thrift Shop and look for clothes that fit the 20's clothing period. Or if you're one lucky bastard and have an old rich aunt that owns an original Channel clothes, than you hit the jackpot! Oh, the things I would do to get my hands on one of the original Coco Channel designs... 
The next costume is super simple and you'll only need a bathing suit, water gun and an old pink skiing cap. If you're trying to guess as who would you be going as, than you should think Disney and Spring. Did it ring a bell? Yes, I'm thinking Spring Breakers. Who would want to be dressed as a former Disney star that went insane, just so she could go to a spring break and get drunk. 
So that is what you do with the bathing suit, water gun and the pink cap:
There are a few more ideas that I have, but won't describe in details: Minion(Despicable Me 2), Game of Thrones, Cinderella (Once Upon a Time version), Formula One Racer (Rush)...

Scary Halloween people,
Lucy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment