Friday, May 9, 2014

One Night Love Affair

So, here I am again. Suzy (a.k.a. my laptop) is currently hibernating, because of excessive use of SPSS (that's a statistics program). Because, if you haven't figured out yet, I'm a psychology student and this year most of my studies centers on statistics. So thank you whoever created SPSS, I'd die if I'd have to manually calculate all the things we have to do. If you ever had to do something statistical, than you know, it's (mildly put) a pain in the as*.
But back to basics. If I'm not mistaken I already mentioned I joined Wattpad. It's this awesome Internet community in which you can publish your works and read works of other people for free. But be careful, you might get addicted. I definitely did. But join anyways!
Soooo, I kind of started on a new book. I decided to test my theory that I'm a decent writer and prove to myself I can write in English just as good as in my native language. So far, so good.
The book is called One Night Love Affair  (just click on the title and you'll be reading it in no time at all). I don't know if you know singer Paloma Faith, but few nights ago I was chilling and surfing the web, when I came across her song Only Love Can Hurt Like This. I absolutely loved it! So I checked out her songs and fell in love with 30 Minutes Love Affair. Yes, this is the song that inspired the story.


 The story currently only has one chapter, but I kind of know exactly what will happen in the next four. I just have to take the time and put my thoughts on a paper. Hopefully I'll be more consistent with publishing this story then I'm with writing the blog ;)
xxx
Lucy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment